Optimizing and maintaining health requires an integrated approach instead of separating symptoms and treating each symptom. At Asheville Center for Healthy Living, PLLC we prioritize a method of functional medicine that treats the connected systems of your body in a coherent way.
The emergence Functional Medicine is derived from the premise that healing is accomplished by restoring healthy function in the body, rather than more conventional approaches of suppressing symptoms or removing body parts. We examine the various systems in the body and provide support to those systems that are functioning at less than optimal levels.We take into account many factors that can contribute to poor function from lifestyle choices to the body-mind connection.
Functional Medicine is composed of the following elements:
- Uniqueness: Each person is unlike anyone else, and so is their physiology which is a result of the interaction between lifestyle choices, gut bacteria, and genes.
- Patient Centered: Instead of treating a disease, we address the patient as a whole integrated interrelated system.
- Dynamic Balance of Mind, Body, & Spirit: We see the person in the context of who they are.
- Web-like Interconnections: We recognize the relationships that different systems in the body have with each other.
- Health as Positive Vitality: We see health as more than just a lack of symptoms, recognizing aspects of wellness across the spectrum of who we are.
- Organ Reserve: We employ strategies to improve the functionality, capacity, and resilience of the organs to handle the challenges that life brings us.
Utilizing a functional medicine approach can allow people who have been searching for solutions to their problems for years to finally have hope. Instead of relying on being prescribed medications again and again for temporary relief, Dr. Sher is able to detect imbalances in the function of the body in order to fully restore health.
Since the founding of his practice, he has helped patients heal from many challenging conditions such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, migraines and more.
Whether Asheville Center for Healthy Living, PLLC is the first clinic you are visiting for treatment, or simply the latest one, we’ll make sure to do everything in our power to find an effective treatment.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. We are happy to answer any questions you have to determine whether Asheville Center for Healthy Living, PLLC is right for you.