Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact us via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
Can I consult with Dr Sher virtually over the phone or internet
Established patients have unlimited email contact with us for questions that require a simple answer, particularly relating to their consultations or treatment protocols. However, if an email question or request is deemed by us to be too complicated or involved for a response via email, we may require that you schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr Sher or the health coach. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a 50% of the fee charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up for a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying us, either by telephone, email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal 24 hours or more before your appointment, you will be charged 50% of the fee amount to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
Conventional insurance does not cover Optimal Health-Care
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
We do not submit medical claims to insurance on your behalf. We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- All lab tests ordered by a us need to be paid to us at the time at the time they are ordered.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr Sher and may include blood, saliva, urine,hair, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing or medical care, you will be referred to the appropriate medical specialist or your primary care physician.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. We are happy to answer any questions you have to determine whether Asheville Center for Healthy Living, PLLC is right for you.